Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In-depth sheriff/legal system
Suggestion: In-depth sheriff/legal system

Details about the Suggestion:

Whitelist - First of all, I think it would help if we had some kind of restriction on who can enforce the law, whether that be by whitelist or whatever would suit.

Confiscations - To add a bit of risk to doing crime, sheriffs can take items from people if caught. (Potentially inventory, depending on how serious people want this to be)

Legal System - Executions can be conducted for extreme and continuous criminality (could wipe inventory and money depending on how serious people want this to be) as well as people getting placed in the jail for an amount of time that discourages crime and would be realistic: 20 - 60 minutes with potential for people to break them out. Fillcum Ridge is pretty lawless so sheriffs and the legal system shouldn't stretch to there. If there are really high profile criminals that can't be caught by sheriffs, bounties can be put on people so that if they catch them and bring them to the sheriff, they will be paid.

Why is this needed?:

Whitelist - Gives consequence to sheriffs acting against the law/rule breakage etc. rather than having sheriffs constantly just being a nuisance for anyone trying to RP realistically. A negative is that there may be a lack of people who are the sheriff meaning more lawbreakers but this is the WILD WEST and my other suggestions cover some of that as well as people being able to defend themselves instead of having sheriffs doing it for you.

Confiscations - As said adds more risk and downside to committing a crime and getting caught, will be more sophisticated than just a random sheriff taking all your items if that was added and more them confiscating specific things that were used in a crime before going to jail.

Legal System - Adds more depth to the server than just having cops and robbers shooting because they are bored, gives actual reason to make sure that you don't commit crime and also gives more things for sheriffs/other miscellaneous characters to do and talk about.

[Image: ezgif-com-add-text.gif]
-support
While it does sound realistic, from a gameplay perspective they would be really annoying. Like taking items, wiping inventory/money or whopping 20-60min arrests sound too extreme to be enjoyable.
If I got arrested for 20+ minutes, I'd probably just go outside for the rest of the day.

[Image: BkAtpSk.png]
Hands up, criminal! Pay the fine right HERE!
(07-09-2020, 09:08 PM)TheSiphon Wrote: -support
While it does sound realistic, from a gameplay perspective they would be really annoying. Like taking items, wiping inventory/money or whopping 20-60min arrests sound too extreme to be enjoyable.
If I got arrested for 20+ minutes, I'd probably just go outside for the rest of the day.

I want to find a way that sheriffs can be whitelisted and therefore be accountable but that the one or two sheriffs a day do make the impact so that not everyone will be doing crime to make money, especially if this is to be a serious roleplay server.

[Image: ezgif-com-add-text.gif]
+support for a whitelist system but 1 hour oh my loooord

[Image: sss.png][Image: sss_but_the_other_way.png]
All for a whitelist, not sure about the arresting time though unfortunately.

I know Arma RP servers have 1 hour + jail times but im not really sure Gmod players have the patience.
Generally the plan for the legal system is with our without Sheriffs (Like the actual 'Wild West') people are generally able to manage the law them self. Due to the limit in size of the department there wouldn't be too many officers present. I see both the pros and cons to this suggestion. Firstly the law roles include Federal Marshal, Sheriff, and Sheriffs Deputy. Now the Sheriff and Deputy are potential whitelisting role however the Federal Marshall itself is a donator unique role so that is still a law enacting role. However some form of whitelist for police has been something I've been interested in for a while.
+/- Neutral

Sounds good but also sounds a bit long for people who get arrested for things they didnt do ahah
In regards to "Confiscations" currently all the weapons are priced quite high and you only purchase them in single shipments, so getting arrested or killed is already very costly.
For a decent gun you're looking at roughly 2 hours of work, and that doesn't include buying food etc in the meantime.

[Image: JI7lWO2.png]
Moved to further review for continued internal discussion
Approved,

After a discussion within the team we have come to the conclusion to Approve your suggestions; however are only using parts of what you have suggested.

Government Whitelist - Is the main part of this suggestion and that will be added. Players who wish to obtain the role such as Sheriff/Sheriffs Deputy must apply for the role using the application section within the Roleplay Forum category. As easy as it is to be whitelisted to the role, players may also be taken off the whitelist if they choose to abuse the role or majorly break the rules.

Confiscations - Were believed by the team to be unnecessary due to the fact that weapons themselves, especially high tier weapons are not particularly cheap and due to the relatively small inventory size players would become highly demotivated if all their weapons/items were taken

Arrest Times - Even though realistic arrests of 60 minutes are way too long to keep players entertained, we however intend to look at our arrest times and alter them slightly to make it fair but also fun for players.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Joe Joe's post:
  • Forgee
Topic Options
Thread Closed