Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Economy Changes
Suggestion: 
Balance out the amount of money you make from moonshine and mining, as well as general fishing.

Details about the Suggestion: 
Right now, I feel as though there is too much of a grind involved, especially for menial things like different clothing but going further as to firearms. For example, If I wanted to buy a 300$ suit, it would cost me around either 25$ CAD OR 120 transport delivery missions, averaging maybe 5 minutes each, for a total of 10 hours straight grinding. This in my opinion should be drastically lowered. While I understand the concept of everyone being slightly poor, this doesn't equate to a fun experience especially for newer players that might be turned away. Additionally, if I wanted to the Renault. It costs 1350$, equating to 540 delivery missions, for a total of 45 hours grinding for that one car. While I understand the idea is to simulate the economy of the wild west, I feel this is sacrificing enjoyment of the very well made server. Guns shouldn't take hours of grinding to get, same with clothing and vehicles. Furthermore, giving sheriffs some sort of extra money bonus for raids or destroying illegal items would be nice

This also greatly affects gangs and robberies. Right now, robbing someone is not a good way to make money because everyone is quite poor. This makes it almost impossible to pull off big heists and robberies.

Why is this needed?: 
Rather then worrying about loosing their guns or money, players should focus on role play and enjoying the server. This would make the map and server feel more alive, with more money going around gangs would have incentive to do robberies, players would be buying more guns, stews and medical kits. Overall I think this would equate to a more enjoyable experience.
[-] The following 4 users Like Alonzo Boone's post:
  • Forgee, Joe Joe, Kappatalist, Strange Neo
The price of cars will not change, they are an extremely end-game item as they were exceedingly rare in 1905, and especially in the western setting.

Sheriffs currently do get an incentive to destroy contraband, they get $0.25 for every distillery destroyed.

[Image: JI7lWO2.png]
(21-12-2020, 03:57 PM)Forgee Wrote: The price of cars will not change, they are an extremely end-game item as they were exceedingly rare in 1905, and especially in the western setting.

Sheriffs currently do get an incentive to destroy contraband, they get $0.25 for every distillery destroyed.

That's reasonable, and I can understand the cars, but I still feel like the cost for some of the guns, clothing and other items doesn't reflect the time it takes to muster up the money to buy them.
This is generally a very well wrote suggestion which is nice to see.

The economy was proposed in a way to ensure things remain a challenge because if there is solely roleplay all the time people are guaranteed to get bored and so it gives them something to work towards between roleplays. Obviously as we continue things will most likely get nerfed along the way, however we have to look at things as one big picture. If we take the economy now its very small, however in say 3 years time the economy will have grown exponentially to a state where what was 'super-expensive' is now pocket change to some.

Things like suit price reductions is something we can look in to, however nearly all suits will remain behind a Donator lock, as like we initially promised cosmetic items are normally for players who chose to donate. Players need not donate if they do not desire but to keep the server up its our compromise, players can get no advantage with these items but they can support the server.

In terms of car prices, we deem them very reasonable since around that time period some cars were costing around ~$2000+ so we believe the position on that to be relatively reasonable, and yes I agree 45 hours seems like a lot of work but as the server goes on down the years players will amass so many more hours that 45 hours of work doesn't seem like much at all. Of course it is still a lot of time but the cars are items that a few should have and people should aim to get, and why you may ask? Because cars of that time period were very uncommon and so its a long term goal players should aim towards.

Of course we are willing to make nerfs and changes to balance the economy and I'm intrigued to see what others have to say, however our general policy on the economy is 'If you want to buff a system you nerf those around it' and from the interactions we've had so far it seems to be a relatively well received policy. However I'm intrigued to hear what others have to say.
-Support
I agree on certain suggested elements. For example: I personally would love to see sheriff deputies and the sheriff getting the ability to resupply for free and use weapons without paying a fee. I agree with Joe and Forgee that cars are rare especially in that time period as they were invented not a very long time ago, which makes them a popular and attractive item to own. Grinding for them especially with further updates to earn money can be a lot of fun.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Strange Neo's post:
  • Forgee
(21-12-2020, 10:27 PM)Strange Neo Wrote: I agree on certain suggested elements. For example: I personally would love to see sheriff deputies and the sheriff getting the ability to resupply for free and use weapons without paying a fee. I agree with Joe and Forgee that cars are rare especially in that time period as they were invented not a very long time ago, which makes them a popular and attractive item to own. Grinding for them especially with further updates to earn money can be a lot of fun.

We can look into further reducing the price of the government weapons,  at the moment you can resupply for free though.
I do still believe that the government roles should have a small upfront cost as they are already quite powerful.

[Image: JI7lWO2.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Forgee's post:
  • Strange Neo
(23-12-2020, 09:58 PM)Forgee Wrote:
(21-12-2020, 10:27 PM)Strange Neo Wrote: I agree on certain suggested elements. For example: I personally would love to see sheriff deputies and the sheriff getting the ability to resupply for free and use weapons without paying a fee. I agree with Joe and Forgee that cars are rare especially in that time period as they were invented not a very long time ago, which makes them a popular and attractive item to own. Grinding for them especially with further updates to earn money can be a lot of fun.

We can look into further reducing the price of the government weapons,  at the moment you can resupply for free though.
I do still believe that the government roles should have a small upfront cost as they are already quite powerful.

Sounds like a good plan. It's just that nobody really has much money at the beginning to constantly resupply and always have to pay a fee for it.
Completed.

We have not edited the pricing of clothing or vehicles at this time however this may be reviewed in future, these are regarded as items for more experienced players and so should require some work to obtain.

We have made changes to the economy which increases the amount of ways and the amount of money people can make per hour from various streams of income which can be done at the same time. Ammo prices have also been dropped drastically and when you holster a gun you get the remaining ammo back which makes guns much more accessible to everyone.

If there are any further items which you feel are overpriced etc please don't hesitate to post another suggestion for the community and the team to give input on.

Kind Regards
RedPanda
Server Administrator

Did I help you today? +Rep
[-] The following 1 user Likes RedPanda's post:
  • Forgee
Topic Options
Thread Closed